Minimally invasive lumbar decompression surgery is offered at Herniated Disc Surgery Specialists of NYC (Manhattan, NY). Minimally invasive lumbar disc decompression is an orthopedic surgical technique that removes pressure on a nerve root in the lower spine (nerve root compression). This is spinal surgery is employed by the board certified NYC orthopedic surgeons to treat “pinched” nerves in the spine by removing a small portion of the bone covering the nerve root (and sometimes some of the disc material as well). The minimally invasive orthopedic surgery aims to alleviate symptoms such as pain and numbness.
- Virtual or office consultations.
- We have performed over 6,500 spine surgeons.
- Depending on your healthcare coverage, your insurance may cover your surgery.
- Please note: A doctor’s referral is NOT necessary from a General Practitioner to see our orthopedic spine surgery specialists for a consultation, 2nd opinion, or for treatment: including surgery.
- You will enjoy the luxury and benefit of our best in class Ivy League top rated NYC orthopedic spine surgeons who offer the finest in academic medicine in a top rated concierge environment without the hassle of long hospital waiting room times and paperwork.
- You may be walking unassisted after surgery and able to go home (no hospital stay).
I’ve had neck pain (herniated discs) since around 2005 and always struggled through with a mixture of pain meds, PT, rest, pillows….you name it. Last summer 2017 it started to get much worse to the point my right arm had terrible pain in it and I was losing strength, my fingers on my right hand were going numb and the pain in my neck was excruciating, so I decided I had to see someone urgently.
I searched “best neck spinal surgeon in NY” over a weekend and did some surfing and Dr. McCance’s name continually came up for minimally invasive lumbar decompression surgery. I called Dr McCance’s office on the Monday and saw him the next day. He and his team immediately organized an MRI and X rays for the following day. Once he saw those he advised I could try more of the same of what I was doing, but he felt that surgery was the best option. He operated on me (and took my insurance) within approximately 3~4 weeks of me first seeing him and I am now around 9 weeks post op. The pain in my arm has gone, as has my neck pain and I have feeling back in my fingers again. The recovery was easy. I’m starting PT soon – the worst pain is now behind me and I’ll be much better than before (I still need to do PT).
If you have serious neck and back issues and need to see a doctor in NYC and you think you have a herniated disc, or you need a second opinion after seeing other doctors, then I thoroughly recommend seeing Dr. McCance. ~ Google
As opposed to open spine surgery, minimally invasive spine surgery at Herniated Disc Surgery Specialists of NYC can be faster, safer and require less patient recovery time due to reduced trauma to the muscles and soft tissues (compared to open procedures), the potential benefits include:
- Better cosmetic results because of the surgeon’s smaller incisions.
- Less blood loss during surgery.
- Reduced risk of muscle damage (no cutting of the muscle is required).
- Reduced risk of infection and postoperative pain.
- Faster recovery from the spine surgery.
- Less reliance on pain medications after surgery.
What happens during minimally invasive lumbar decompression surgery? You’ll be asleep during lumbar decompression surgery. This fast surgery (you can go home a few hours after surgery) takes about 1-2 hours to perform. You’ll usually have at least one of the following procedures through a midline skin incision in the lower back.
- Partial Laminectomy – where a section of bone is removed from the back of your vertebrae to relieve pressure on the affected nerve.
- Discectomy – where a section of a damaged disc is removed to relieve pressure on a nerve
- Microdiscectomy – where a section of the slipped disc is removed to relieve pressure on a nerve.
Exceptional patient care is a way of life for the doctors and staff at Herniated Disc Surgery Specialists of NYC. We tailor your care around you and will give you the peace-of-mind that comes with knowing you’re in the best possible hands for spine surgery in NYC (Manhattan, NY). Please read some of our reviews.
It is the Ivy League board certified orthopedic spine surgeons of Herniated Disc Surgery Specialists of NYC’s commitment to our patients that has earned us the reputation of being one of the New York’s top orthopedic spine surgery practices. Herniated Disc Surgery Specialists of NYC specializes in taking exceptional care of each patient from the initial consultation to the final surgical outcome. The honor and privilege of caring for patients comes with the responsibility and dedication of the doctor’s staff to the utmost standard of excellence in patient care and final surgical outcome.
Herniated Disc Surgery Specialists of NYC
1155 Park Ave
New York, NY 10128