Minimally invasive robotic spine surgery is offered by the best in class orthopedic spine surgeons of Herniated Disc Surgery Specialists of NYC (Manhattan, NY). A minimally invasive spine surgery technique permits the orthopedic spine surgeon to separate the muscles surrounding the spine rather than cutting through them. The surgeon operates through small incisions along the spine with robotic assistance.
This new minimally invasive technology is the most advanced technology in the field of robotic surgery.
The robotic device used is manufactured by ExcelsiusGPS® and is the world’s first technology to combine a robotic arm and full navigation capabilities into one adaptable platform for accurate trajectory alignment in spine surgery, therefore combining the benefits of GPS navigation and robotics into one platform. ExcelsiusGPS is the most advanced technology in the field of robotic surgery.
I’m leaving this review so that everyone will make sure that they have a consultation with Dr. McCance before committing to another Dr. I’m a former patient that has had neck fusion and back fusion done separately by him. I’m fully recovered and have no more pain at all because I elected to use him as my surgeon and did exactly what he told me to do to recover! He has changed my life forever! His staff is also the best especially Nessa will help you answer any questions you have about your condition to make a consultation with the #1 surgeon in NYC! ~ Google
- Virtual or office consultations.
- We have performed over 6,500 spine surgeons.
- Depending on your healthcare coverage, your insurance may cover your surgery.
- Please note: A doctor’s referral is NOT necessary from a General Practitioner to see our orthopedic spine surgery specialists for a consultation, 2nd opinion, or for treatment: including surgery.
- You will enjoy the luxury and benefit of our best in class Ivy League top rated NYC orthopedic spine surgeons who offer the finest in academic medicine in a top rated concierge environment without the hassle of long hospital waiting room times and paperwork.
- You will typically be walking unassisted after surgery and most likely able to go home the same day of the surgery (no hospital stay).
The robotic medical device is approved for pedicle screw placement in the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine. The following procedures are treatment options that may include pedicle screw placement.
- Posterior Fusion
- Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Spinal Fusion
Potential Benefits of Robotic Surgery Include:
- Less tissue damages
- Smaller incisions (smaller scars)
- Little or no radiation exposure (benefitting both the patient and the staff)
- Reduced post-operative pain
- Reduced risk of infection
- Reduced risk of complications from surgery
- Quicker recovery times
I write this 3 months after posterior lumbar fusion L4 L5 and having just finished my first Run since my injury. I am a masters CrossFit athlete, distance runner and avid rower . I was injured in September 22 while deadlifting. After months of pain and other doctors telling me my athletic career was over , I found Dr McCance . After one set of X-rays and a video consult with Dr. McCance I decided to move forward with surgery . I can not emphasize the professionalism and courtesy of Dr McCance and his ENTIRE staff !! They go to the utmost lengths to make the process stress free. I had surgery Jan 12 ,2023 at Lenox hill hospital NYC. I woke up post surgery pain free and strength back in my leg and foot . I was home two days later and off all pain meds in 4 days . I followed Dr McCance’s recovery protocols to the letter. I went from walking 2 minutes per day to 5 minutes to 30 min to 3 miles to over 5 miles a day . Lyndsey his PA-C was ALWAYS available if I had questions or concerns. So here I am 12 weeks out and I just completed my first run . Dr . McCance and his whole team gave me back my athletic lifestyle. I can not thank them enough for all they did and continue to do for me . ~ Google
Exceptional patient care is a way of life for the doctors and staff at Herniated Disc Surgery Specialists of NYC. We tailor your care around you and will give you the peace-of-mind that comes with knowing you’re in the best possible hands for spine surgery in NYC (Manhattan, NY). Please read some of our reviews.
It is the Ivy League board certified orthopedic spine surgeons of Herniated Disc Surgery Specialists of NYC’s commitment to our patients that has earned us the reputation of being one of the New York’s top orthopedic spine surgery practices. Herniated Disc Surgery Specialists of NYC specializes in taking exceptional care of each patient from the initial consultation to the final surgical outcome. The honor and privilege of caring for patients comes with the responsibility and dedication of the doctor’s staff to the utmost standard of excellence in patient care and final surgical outcome.
Herniated Disc Surgery Specialists of NYC
1155 Park Ave
New York, NY 10128